Thursday, July 16, 2009

Early Harvest Report from Burgundy

I spoke with my friend and fabulous wine grower, Romain Taupenot, of Morey St. Denis in Burgundy this week who offered an early report for the upcoming harvest.  According to Romain, "09 should be great so far in every aspect.  We will cross our fingers, till a month before the harvest."  It would be nice to have a top Burgundy harvest to follow the extraordinary 2005 vintage.   After all, I have the pending arrival of a grandson in October.  I must begin stocking his wine cellar with some age worthy wines from his birth year.  I have already pre-ordered a magnum of the Ridge Monte Bello for him. The kid isn't born and he has a wine cellar.   His 21st. birthday should be a lot of fun. 

As for Taupenot-Merme wines,  I plan to take his 2000 Charmes Chambertin Grand Cru to a salmon bake at the International Pinot Noir Celebration in Oregon next week.    

No comments: